We've had a few cold spells, and even now the nights are chilly. On those stiff mornings, I put in one of my favorite albums. The days are warm, but once the sun has set we need more than shorts and a tee-shirt. So I put in Revolver.
- Summer days: Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- Long, hot summer days: Yellow Submarine (the album, not just the title track)
- Long, hot summer days, after sunset: the “White Album”
- Summer turning into fall and fall days: Revolver
- Fall before sunrise or after sunset: the “White Album” (can be listed here twice since it’s only a nighttime preference)
- Fall turning into winter: Let it Be
- Christmastime and before or after winter parties: Abbey Road
- Dead of winter: the collection of singles (Past Masters, really Volume 2)
- Winter into spring: Rubber Soul
- Spring: Magical Mystery Tour
- Spring turning into summer: Help!
- When you’re just really bored: Please Please Me, With the Beatles, A Hard Day’s Night, and Beatles for Sale
Try it out this year and let me know what you think.